The Little Penguin is a leading authority on cocktail parties. No surprise with the built-in tux and hundreds of close friends hanging around all night. Here are some helpful tips for your next cocktail get-together.
- Get enough wine. Here's a good rule of thumb (do penguins have thumbs?). There are approximately 5 servings in a bottle of wine. For a three-hour party with 10 wine-drinking guests, you would need about 40 servings of wine (4 glasses for each person). So grab 8 bottles of wine.
- For a cocktail party, think 60% white, 40% red.
- Don't forget the non-drinkers and designated drivers. Get plenty of soda and sparkling water.
- Keep in mind that people will drink 25 to 50% less at afternoon parties than at evenings shindigs.
- Take the cheese out of the fridge an hour before serving for better taste and texture.
- If wine spills, don't panic. (Unless it's the Little Penguin. That would be a disaster.) Just blot immediately with a clean towel and treat with sparkling water. Don't use tap water. The chlorine causes spots.
- Did we mention to make sure you get enough wine? And if you really want to make it special, get the Little Penguin.